It has been over a week since our lock-down in Metro Manila. The recent events have given people time to think about what is happening around them. The events made us think about what is really important in our lives. It gives us time to pray, be aware, spend time with love ones. I decided to jot down a few things I have observed in these trying times around the globe.
- God has removed all our excuses for not taking the time to pray.
- The goodness in people has shown in the sacrifices of our front liners who take care of the affected casualties.
- The goodness in our public citizens has also shown in their volunteer work for the care of our less fortunate brothers and sisters.
- The goodness has cut across boundaries, just as the virus passing through boundaries. I was pleasantly surprised to read the news that China shipped medical aid to us.
- ‘Tambay’, a Filipino word for ‘staying at home and doing nothing’ was normally frowned upon. Now, ‘Tambay’ is required from all of us and actively promoted. Hopefully, it’s only for a short period of time.
- Big countries, big companies, big egos can be brought to a halt by a tiny virus.
- Prayer can be exercised more as intentional rather than being occasional.
- Technology can bring millions of people together for a common goal like never before.
- Our Philippine President is a prayerful man.
- There is hope for unread books after all. They are now being read.
How about you? What have you observed about yourself and the things going on around you?
At the end of the day, all we can do when feeling helpless is to get on our knees and pray. With a pandemic of this magnitude, only God can give us comfort.
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV
Stay safe everyone and follow the guidance provided by our leaders.